Firm History

The Law Firm of Taylor MacLellan Cochrane has deep roots in the Valley dating back to May 6th, 1835 when Henry Bentley Webster, Esq., was admitted as an Attorney of His Majesty’s Supreme Court of Judicature for the Province of Nova Scotia. Henry Bentley Webster's original 1835 Bar Admission Certificate is currently displayed on the wall in the Firm's Boardroom. Mr. Webster practiced law in the Town of Kentville until his practice was taken over by his son, Barclay Webster, Esq., who went on to become a Judge of the County Court.  H.M. Chase, Esq., acquired the practice from His Honour, Judge Webster, and, when Mr. Chase retired from practice it was acquired by K. LeRoy Taylor, Esq.

On January 1st, 1965 a partnership was formed between K. LeRoy Taylor, J.A. MacLellan and John P. Cochrane and the Firm, in its modern incarnation, was formed.  From these beginnings the Firm has grown, and continues to thrive, by providing quality services to individuals, small and large businesses, farms, corporations and institutions throughout the Atlantic Provinces.  It is this heritage that has led to our adoption of the motto, “Making Service a Matter of Practice Since 1835”.

 

 

 

Firm History

Kentville Office / Mailing Address:
50 Cornwallis Street
Kentville, NS
Canada
B4N 2E4

Kingston Office:
643 Main Street
Kingston, NS
Canada

t: 902.678.6156 Kentville
t: 902.242.6156 Kingston
f: 902.678.6010
Toll Free: 1-888-4-TMC-LAW

Founding Partners

 

Henry Bentley Webster,
Born September 21st, 1811
Admitted Nova Scotia Bar
May 6th, 1835

Barclay Webster, Q.C.
Born 1850
Admitted Nova Scotia Bar
July 17th, 1872
County Court Judge District No.4

Harold M. Chase, Q.C.
Born December 31st, 1884
Admitted Nova Scotia Bar March 14th, 1911
Appointed Stipendiary Magistrate